Friday, February 5

Shoot'em Up!


Anyone who knows me, knows my love for Westerns! I'm a sucker for anything John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, or Glenn Ford. These movies celebrate and exaggerate the myths and folklore of the old west, and I LOVE it! The real western lifestyle was most certainly hard, gritty, and adventurous - but Hollywood give us an illustion of fast shooting, hard drinking, anything but dull men and women who are colorful and dramatic. I accept this fiction, and embrace the mirage of daily shoot-outs at high-noon - just for the pure fun of it!!

Enjoy my outlaw, there will be more Old West illustrations in the near future.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I dig the westerns too... have done the goofy ones for over 30 years as greeting cards, gifts, etc.
Love your style
http://www.nateowens.com