Sunday, March 28

Little Indian Bear Princess, all grown up!



This is a drawing I did of daughter when she was seven. She posed in our back yard before going to a Halloween party where she would grace the floor as the Indian Bear Princess. It was a fun costume, Pocahontas dress, with moccasin slippers and a stuffed bear rug on her head. Add a few turkey feathers we found while hiking, and voila - the Princess had her crown!

I post this for the simple reason that my little Indian Bear Princess turns sixteen in a couple of months and I'm feeling very nostalgic (and old), besides, it's just a fun image to look at. We should all put a bear rug on our heads from time to time and forget life's little demands. So, I think I'll put on my old fuzzy gorilla slippers (Oggo and Toggo - yes, I named them) and watch some good ol' westerns today.

No comments: